Tuesday, December 16, 2008

BRRRR Baby It's Cold Inside

snowpalm
WHN left my camera in his shorts and washed them. The camera still turns on, but it does not take pictures. Nice. So until I replace it, cellphone pics if pics at all!

December has been weird. The past 2 weeks I have been trying to talk WHN into going to see the 10 minute fake snow storm that Las Vegas Town Square puts on at 7pm nightly. WHN is not enthusiastic about driving to a mall, parking, wading through the crowds to get a good spot to wait for a fake snow storm. What a killjoy. Pretend climate changes are things I love about Vegas. I thought we could make a night of it and go see the new revamped fake volcano in front of Mirage too. Normaly the valley doesn't get snow snow-- maybe for a few minutes here and there. Yesterday, however, Vegas, got a real snow storm and we had 3-5 inches. Yes WHN was quite smug to have his own storm.

Personally December has been weird too, and I can't quite put my finger completely on it. We never turn the heat on in the house. Historically this has been because Petunia hated a warm house. She loved to sunbathe in 100+ weather, but the house, ALWAYS had to be cold. WHN said growing up in Ireland they never used the heater either. Not like I can fact check that tidbit, but I find it kind of doubtful, but for Petunia, if we were told to bring blocks of ice in, we would have. As for Ireland, they didn't have a microwave either, so anything is possible.

But now with Petunia gone, I still can't really bring myself to demanding we have heat. It's freezing inside believe you me, but just like I don't like to admit that it is kind of nice sometimes to not have to rush home to let her out, I don't want to be in a warm comfortable house thinking, "oh this is nice now." Don't get me wrong, I am complaining about the cold on a daily basis. I am huddled under my electric blanket, but I can't bring myself to demand we have the heater running. I realize now that I don't want to benefit from her absence.

Ironically, the month without a camera, is the month that I have had some major knitting output. Items to my non-knitting friends, I haven't sent yet because well... let's say that yes they do actually take pictures for me even though they don't really understand why I want pics of my work. I can really only get pics of them in it and not say a cool close up picture of it. I'll say that I want close-ups so I can document the yarn or the stitch, but you and I know that it's so I can be impressed with myself. Ah well, I need to put ego in check and send the stuff. Thankfully I have made a couple items of late that are going to a fellow kniter who will be quite happy to take pics.

I'm not sure what else is making December weird for me. I just know this month has been unsettling for me. I'm going to go with it and ride it out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our first Christmas without Susie was weird. My brother didn't find out about it until Christmas day when he asked, which was three months later. I think he was scared to ask. So, coping with the holidays feels weird without a family member. It happens.

Eventually you can turn on the heat and it will be okay.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

Ooooh, that looks SO cold! It's so weird to see that snow after having been there in the HOT HOT summer and knowing the weather in Vegas. BIZARRE!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I can't believe it snowed in Vegas! We haven't even had a real snow yet - crazy!

You should totally turn the heat on. It's no fun to be cold for no reason. When P was around it made sense - now your just being stubborn. It's ok! She's nice and cool in doggie heaven!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Jinann said...

Wow...snow in Vegas. I couldn't believe it when I saw it on the news. Whew...girl, you'd better turn on the heat before you freeze!

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona