Monday, December 01, 2008

Kraft Mtn Loop

Kraft
Just outside of Red Rock Canyon Park is Kraft Mountain which obscures probably one of the most spectacular Nevadan desert areas. Once past the first steep uphill mile, a whimsical color-filled area of yellow, red, purple striped and polka dot boulders.

Kraft stripey rocks

Kraft

Kraft polkadots

Though there is no scrambling really, there are three areas where you have to sit and slide 15 feet down boulders. The first 2 slides, I was fine.

Kraft - 1st slide
Slide 1- about 15 feet of FUN!

Kraft - 2nd slide
Second slide, look at that soft landing!

The third... OY! This one had an "ass groove," however, I had to sit to the left of the groove and leaning forward, push to the right to actually get into the groove. I know hard to picture. The groove provides a slide, but outside of this groove, it's a drop.
Kraft 3rd slide
My arm wasn't as long as it should have been, but I did make it into the groove, but the shorts I was wearing rode, and now half of my right butt cheek is now at the Kraft Mountain Loop. Lovely.

I was going to warn about the nudity, but eh.

Kraft

The combination of the intense colors and patterns with having to use rock slides, makes this hike magical (except for the ass part. That wasn't so magical inasmuch as painful.) Instead of being 20 minutes from The Strip, I felt like I was walking in the land of Lorax.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is AMAZING!!!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, LOVELY. Oh, and Kraft Mountain is gorgeous too! :-)

6:53 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Who knew I would open up my bloglines to find your ass looking back at me :)

That looks like so much fun! You have to take me next time!

Dude - it's December... why are you wearing shorts!?

7:08 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

thanks for sharing those amazing photos. it's an eye-opener for me and my dd to see such beautiful nature far away from home.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona