Saturday, August 05, 2006

Moochy

So I am knitting yet another purse. Why I keep knitting purses no clue.

Here is my new random story. There is guy in my wine class, Brenner, he's your stereotypical surfer type yet since he's never lived near an ocean this means stoner. Every sentence starts with DUDE and ends with AWESOME or NOT AWESOME. He's a 27 year old bounder but not as charming or roguish. But the more interesting aspect of the guy is he's a MOOCH. In this class I've befriended a few people one of whom looks likes Vin Diesel which is kind of creepy. Anyway, a few of us plus Moochy were at a very nice wine bar/ Italian restaurant. The bartender is in my class. I was on an end next to a nice 50 something couple eating a pizza. Moochy was on the other end of the bar with one of his scheezy friends that he met in massage school. (dont ask) So here comes the shock:

Moochy asks the 50 something couple with their half pizza left, "Hey Dudes... are you going to finish it? Can I have it?" And they gave it to him!! And he took it! We were mortified. Moochy and his friend scurry off with the pizza. Brought back a crust of one slice and offer to share that with us. Not that we would have any part of that pizza, but ug share a crust from a begged off pizza. Who does that??? Now before anyone gets bleeding heart on me... I see this guy almost daily buy his favorite $25 a bottle beer.

I have a wine recommendation. It's actually a champagne. Shramsberg Cremant. I like it because it's sweet and not as champagny (though I do like champagne.) It's actually a demi-sec, or half-sparkling.

Hey Crafty Weasel: Is this a Hoover blanket?

14 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

LOL LOL LOL Hudson Bay, but YES! YES! It is! They are truly warm and wonderful but they are expensive!

(I have a confession... I hate Seinfeld...sorry - I know everyone loves him, maybe it's because it's all about NY and weird New Yorkers, and, well, I am not a fan, of any of the above. Sorry! [head down]).

I would have loved to have seen the pizza scene. Did anyone just burst into shocked laughter?

4:02 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Hoover Hudson knew it was a H and a blanket. WHN and Germans evidently dont like Seinfeld all the much either. I need to have a sitcom on when I clean, but I have gone through all the Seinfeld episodes twice over so I need to switch to something else soon.

We can laugh now at Hobo Joe, but at the time we were just shocked and also afraid that he would start scanvenging off of more people. It was more back and forth CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??? SHIT WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO NOW?? CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??

1:25 PM  
Blogger C+SK said...

LOL LOL LOL! I am glad I am not alone in this.

Here goes another confession... I love Frasier! I am also aware that it's not cool to like Frasier but I think that his brother Niles is the best sitcom character ever! {looking down again...]

4:09 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Well yes you should be ashamed you elitist weasel! HAHA No, no, fine show. Actually I am friends with Freddy's mom so can't say anything bad about it. UG now I have the theme song stuck in my mind. So I take that back. You should be ashamed!... tossed salad and scrambled eggs...

4:41 PM  
Blogger C+SK said...

Thye're calling again... (oh I'm a dork!)

Freddy Crane? Which actor, the older one? Cool! :-)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Frasier's kid... yes the pudgy kid.

And I wouldnt take too much solace in sharing the same TV tastes as the Germans... they love David Haselhoff after all... well maybe I seem a bit confused but I got you pegged...

5:07 PM  
Blogger C+SK said...

hmm I see you are a closet frasier fan... Fraiser has left the building...

By the way, the most horrendous thing I've seen was a series of episodes of the Knightrider dubbed in Brazilian Portuguese!!!! Yeah, not a fan of David Hasselhof... :-)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I can't imagine the pizza scene! I'd would have died of shock!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Jinann said...

OMG! I can't believe the guy actually did that! That's just rude!
What beer costs $25.00 per bottle? (Just curious).

6:01 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

He was drinking a Trapist beer which is beer made by monks. There are 6 such breweries. One of them was ranked the best beer in the world. This beer became hugely successful and that pissed the monks off. They stopped making the beer for public... so any of their beer left in the world is it. I think that is the beer he was drinking.

My friend the bartender yesterday banned the guy from her place... and that was before she found out what he did. After she found out, she was livid. Evidently he came to the bar with only $4 on him. He tried to make it up to her by saying that his friend is a masseuse for Ritz Carlton and he can get her a free massage. I think he is trying to move to completely bartar based system of living.

9:23 PM  
Blogger tocspaw said...

Mooched pizza? Ew. Enough said.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Oh Miss Priss, If I could have thought of the comment I would have.. but again my jaw was just dropped. Though, when my bartender friend got ahold of him after she found a day later she shredded him and banned him from the bar. Evidently he showed up (for a social occasion, by know means obligated) with $4 in his pocket. Who does that that isnt 10 years old?? So now the guy is banned from that restaurant/bar.

I watched the Girls when I was sick at home 6 months ago. I remembered I wanted to see the episode where Barbie Benton? came to see her old BF Hef with his latest girls and they didnt get along

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona