Sunday, July 09, 2006

Congrats Italy

What can I say, I was cheering for Italy. They weren't Togo, but at least they weren't those thugs and pretty boys from England.

I want to thank my OSP, for not ONE but TWO skeins. I love them both.



The first, with all the sparklies I just adore. They really do look like little beads. I think I will make the suggested scarf because it will be perfect for Vegas nights.


The second, the colors are just so intense. I love this yarn. It is just a beautiful little workhouse that I can see featuring or making a whole project out of it. This is has my favorite shade of blue and green separately, and here they are TOGETHER. I can see myself buying this yarn. It's why my OSP did such a great job, she sent something for sure I would pick out, and then something I wouldn't, but once I have it my hand, I think OH SNAP (see below for more on that phrase) I have to make something with it.

And I wasn’t the only one to get a treat!





She loves to chew boxes. I could spend tons of dough on neat chew toys, but they couldnt compete with good ol' corrugated cardboard.

It’s skin shedding time in the reptile world. It is so tempting to peel her, but she is not so fond of that.



But oh how I would love to pin her down and peel her away.

I moved the ferrets from their small cage to their big cage.

It’s a bit weird having them at eye level.

So you know how when you spend a lot of time with someone with someone you pick up their mannerisms or phrases? It’s not on purpose. Well, remember that when I tell you the word/phrase that I accidentally picked up from my friend this summer.
Oh snap.
Ug. I hated it when she picked it up (from My Name Is Earl). It worked my nerves whether she did it with a southern accent or just normally. But hearing it over and over… what can I say before I knew it, I was saying it too without even knowing it. What’s worse is how many words OH SNAP has replaced:
-wow, neat etc
-you don’t say
-look here
-oh no
-shit
-mother fucker
-how exciting
-fuck
-son of a bitch
-How wonderful
-Ut oh
-Oh no.
-Ug
The list goes on, but as you can see, I’ve had plenty of opportunities to use this phrase and I have taken them. Oh Snap. It’s not cute. Why couldn’t I just pick up her cycle or why couldn’t she say something better?
I beg of you people, is there another phrase that I can replace this thing with? On the flipside, what phrases are you out there irritating people with?

And starting tomorrow and for the next 4 weeks. This blog will be all WINE all the time. So if you want to read about wines (specifically New World, check back!)

5 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

I have to say that the Brits have way better slang expressions than Americans, so here are my two favourite: Bollocks! Bugger! :-)

(On the world cup - go see my blog and amuse yourself with the photo I found - and btw, my husband called from Rome tonight, at their midnight and I could hear how crazy it was in the background, celebrating the victory!)

6:48 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

You are right on that one... my favorite combo is plonker and twat.... They are the most ridiculous sounding things to call someone as an insult and I love that one is the reply to the other.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

This post almost made me spit out my coffee - too funny!

I adress with the British sympathizers above - throw in a "bloody hell" every once in a while for a little variety. "Wanker" works well too.

6:47 AM  
Blogger C+SK said...

Oh I got another one: tosser! Oh I love it! LOL LOL LOL!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Jinann said...

Love the yarn! The Broadway will look absolutely gorgeous knitted up - it really DOES look like beads!

Oh....for the bit about the "All Wine all the time".....I have no problem with that! Love learning about wine....although I do have a couple of oddly named favorites: "Fat Bastard" and "Old Fart" - both very good red wines. An I've never met a Shiraz I didn't like. I do have a special bottle from my daughter at Christmas that I haven't tried yet - "Dyed in the Wool" wine - a New Zealand Pinot Noir. (I'm planning to take a picture of the bottle for my blog.....it's sooo cool - it's even got a little "sheepy" on the front. Gotta love the name if you're into fiber arts!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona