Monday, June 19, 2006

One more hat!


OK, first, if you're ever thinking about taking a picture of what you see on TV, don't. It's addicting. It starts out innocently enough and then all of a sudden you have TIVO on slo-mo to find the perfect frame.

But one last TV picture. I knew there was a reason why I was doing my hat post this weekend-- today had my favorite hat of all time. I know it is not knit, but I LOVE THIS HAT. The big bow paired with the harshness of stripes coming together to form this striking bonnet. Or should I say chapeau? (French courtesy of Cat in The Hat cartoon I watched incessently as a kid)

If I had the skill I would make tonight and sashay around with it tomorrow and the next day and the next day. I loved it when I first saw it in 83, and I still think it's a timeless classic now. Thank you, Madonna.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Queen said...

I'm so thinking the Vegas heat has touched you in the head a little.

Oh my 80's fashion flashbacks!!! What were we thinking?

8:13 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Dude - I totally had one of those back in the 80s! It was like - awesome! Totally!

It matched my black rubber bracelets and lace wristlet!

Isn't it weird how all the 80's stuff is coming back in style. Every time I see a "Tween-ager" I think - Oh no!! The 80s are back!

Just as long as the tight roll jeans the hair isn't aquanetted into a rat's nest don't make a comeback - I'll be ok!
-Jody

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona