Friday, June 09, 2006

Meerkat Manor


Did anyone else watch this? I've always had a love/hate feeling towards meerkats since first visiting them at the Dublin Zoo. I remember really wanting to see them and then they did something that irritated me... yes, I developed "issues" with them. I could ask WHN if he remembers but I think he would just make something up that would make me appear really petty and a bit you know... But I think it was similar to the issues I had with the penguins in the London Zoo.

When Animal Planet started advertising Meerkat Manor, I was anxiously waiting to see them. I learned a bunch of things... the leader is a female (yea!) but she is really a bitch (boo!) but she has to be because, come on, they live in the African wilds. But OI, she can really go a bit overboard.

So anyway, I knew it would be a heart strings tug, but it really really was. I think I was getting weepy at the preview. So I am not so sure how much of it I will be able to take, but give it a watch if you like animaly kind of things. They are actually kind of interesting to watch.



Now onto something really boring: World Cup started today. WHN is in HEAVEN. He has all the games TIVO'd. Yes he will watch every single one of them. The plus side to this fever is that while the World Cup is on, I can find out scores before WHN and lord them over him to get him to do whatever I want. So I do get a lot of unfinished projects and chores completed during this time.

This is the most popular event in the world. I don't normally say that the US is right and the rest of the world is wrong (I'm feel the quite opposite most of the time), but in this one case, the US is right, soccer is boring, and the rest of the world is wrong. WRONG I TELL YOU!

So ofcourse, out of all the places I could have had lunch, I ended up in a Brit bar where Germany vs. Costa Rica had just ended and the Poles were entering the bar in full soccer regalia for the next match-- them vs Equador (who were also represented) The one thing I do find interesting about the matches is the fans all have these intricate and long songs whereas the US, has just one chant U-S-A. It's really pathetic to watch the US get into a shouting match. We just end up looking lame with our three letters versus everyone else with 3 verse songs... And today the Polish and Equadorians definitely knew songs to chant at each other. Ofcourse after a couple of drinks, when I was doing one last round before leaving, I stopped at the Polish section and said, "oh thank god I am over here now. I was so tired of all the Polish jokes those Equadorian jerks were telling over there." That will keep them busy for an afternoon.

2 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

LOL LOL Meerkats are so cute!!! Oh welcome to my "football" world (I refuse to call it soccer) - here in the neighborhood, EVERYONE is wearing their national team official shirts! Where is your husband from in Ireland?

4:07 PM  
Blogger The Queen said...

Only you, Miss Polly, would post photos of you TV!!!! Hw funny is that.
I however, love the Meerkats -- well, I love anything that "pairre dogs" like they do.
I'm with you on the "football/soccer" thing. It is a boring game. HOWEVER, it is very interesting to watch the fans. I don't get how rabid they become. I just want to scream -- "Dudes, it is just a sport, not world peace." But alas, I don't run the world, yet -- just Snarkville.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona