Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's the educational post

Awhile back I said that I would post the difference between SHALL and WILL. Ofcourse you may not find it as infinitely fascinating as I do, but what can I say, it's a slow day on my blog.

WILL- promise/threat
SHALL- simple future

But it is more than those simple definitions. There is actually a formula of when to use what.

SIMPLE FUTURE:
I shall... go to the market
You will... go with me
S/he will...drive
We will...behave appropriately.

PROMISE/THREAT:
I will...not drive after beer class.
You shall... not drive either.
S/he shall...
We shall...

Why first person is swapped out like that, no clue, but that's the way will/shall works for any of you who like me a month ago, didn't know.

Air Supply and John Waite are coming to town. I can get really REALLY hammered and singalong with I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you... or I ain't missing you... I ain't missing... or Everytime I see you smile you know... blah blah blah. But again let me emphasize how hammered I would have to be.

I love Clay Aiken's new hair-- he looks just like PeeWee Herman now! That duet was my highlight of the AI finale. (After my favorite guy, Gedeon was knocked out, I lost interest.)

2 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

LOL LOL LOL Man, your posts are getting better and better - people here in the office are going to start thinking I've gone loopy, with all the uncontrolable laughter!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Very funny! My high school style book said this about shall/will:

A swimmer in distress cries, "I shall drown; no one will save me!" A suicide puts it the other way: "I will drown; no one shall save me!"

Now, if I were drowning, I'd probably just yell "Help!!!"

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona