Monday, May 22, 2006

Today's beer

OK, so I didnt envision for the next 2 weeks posting about beer, but I didn't think I would have beer that smelled like soy sauce (tasted awful and not like soy sauce). The beer, Stone Brew Imperial Stout. If you like super dark hoppy beer, give it a try. I couldn't get past the smell likes soy sauce, but tastes totally different aspect.

I do have 2 beers from today that I would recommend (come on, I can't tell you that something is awful and then not give an alternative)

From Unibroue (Canandian), Chambly, Trois Pistoles, La Fin Du Monde. Chambly, uses a chapagne yeast so it is bubblier-- it's a very light tasting beer, evidently a favorite among women. Trois Pistoles, comes out really dark, but it as a lighter taste, you will taste bitterness (from the hops) but it goes down smoothe. Finally, if you like strong flavored beer or know someone that does, La Fin De Monde will fit that bill.

No pictures because the ferrets are not being cute today. Maybe once they understand that I wont just put out any old pictures of them for the world, they'll cute their acts up.

3 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

Ahh La Fin du Monde is a regular here at home - try Maudite, from the same brewery! Just be careful... the alcohol percentage in them is high :-)

7:57 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

I did! Isn't it like 8%? By the time I got to it, I was getting too looped to journal my beers.

9:54 AM  
Blogger C+SK said...

LOL LOL yeah I bet - but they're goood!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona