Thursday, May 11, 2006

SP8!

Since I heard from my SP, I thought I shoudl get my questionaire up.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
A. I'm pretty easy. As long as their organic content in it, I can do something with it.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A. I mostly use my Denise's which have a case

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
A. I have been knitting for 10 years. I am intermediate/advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
A. No.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
A. My favorite perfume is Fresh Index Apricot Fig (to give a concept); I love lavender, plumeria, I love this hand lotion I put on because it smells like cleaning fluid, so obviously my scent pallatte is not that refined.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
A. Gummy bears, chocolate (but not together)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
A. I am waiting for a wheel from NZ right now.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD).
A. I like alternative, jazz (not smooth jazz or the the kind I have to think about), big band, 80s. Yes.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
A. OK so now I am thinking I am getting into this retro thing going... I like chartreuse, teals, brown combos... or chocolate and pink, but ofcourse Im always happy with greens and burgundies or blues/greens... in other words anything but yellow an orange... unless it's a tangerine

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
A. I am married, no children. I have a menagerie (not by choice)... if you're a nice secret pally you have been reading my blog and will find them all represented there. WHN keeps threatening to bring home this bald cockatoo that has "issues"

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
A. In theory I want to wear scarves, but I never seem to. I feel like I am 30 years too old to wear mittens. Not really a poncho girl... but HATS... I LOVE HATS! I would wear a hat constantly if I could. I love hats.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
A. Anything that I can finish. I am going to start Jaywalkers soon to see what the trouble is about.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A. So OK, I have this sock issue. I want to knit 2 socks at once. But I hate "fraternal" twins. So I use to completely different skeins (and hopefully patterns) I dont have 2nd sock syndrome I have 3rd/4th sock syndrome.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
A. I love handmade stuff.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
A. My Denise are my favorite, then I like Addi Turbos. I like speed baby. I dont knit for leisure, I knit for some nuerotic speed torture

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
A. I think a yarn winder is next on my list. For now it's WHN.

17. How did you learn to knit?
A. Barbara Walker's LEARN TO KNIT AFGHAN BOOK

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
A. See #17. Also I have granny squares I made when I was 8 or so (look at previous questionaires for that ugly little story)

19. What is your favorite holiday?
A. Halloween! The air smells like fire and the wind is just crisp.. and daylight savings is ending. Oh and Christmas because I get gifts and my bday because I get gifts. I would love Arbor Day and Presidents Day if it involved a gift for me.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
A. Bulldog and ferret stuff, and tiki/ polenesian stuff, mermaids (evidently I have the taste of a 50 year old man)

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
A. I'm always looking for sock and glove pattens (esp ones that use multi-colored yarn); and ofcourse hats- I love bucket hats now that it's the summer

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
A. Armenian knitting

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
A. I love to knit socks but it takes me forever to start a pair. I wear a US 8.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
A. 3/15. Same day as Fabio, Judd Hirsch and Eva Longoria (thought I would update my references though every seems happy enough to hear Fabio. Also it was when Caesar was off'd.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Queen said...

And you share a birthday with my eldest cat. You two must be SO thrilled. My cat is sitting next to me yawning as I tell him.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona