Sunday, April 23, 2006

First Knitting Machine Adventures

The LK150 arrived a last Tuesday. I was able to resist until 2:37am Sunday. Pretty good for me. I broke into the box to watch the video (no harm in that right?) I don't know if it was just because I was watching a video or it was 2:37am, but it seemed incredibly easy. So much so that I thought how handy the video is showing decreases because I'm sure that I will be knocking out a sweater by Monday.

4pm Sunday. I open box to machine.



Pictures will be a bit iffy because I still can't find my camera and have to use phone to take pics.

I follow the manual and the DVD to assemble and thread.


Let's say I want to cast on 40. From what I understand I choose 20 needles from either side of the 0. But for the first pass, I select every other needle to B position. OK good got that. I run the carriage over it and had the comby hook thing. Move the remaining needles over to B position and knit. Once a get a couple of rows add weights.

Originally I set the tension dials for 4 which was way too tight and move it to 7. Let's just say I got less than stellar results for my first go around.



Look at my cast on edge. There is all this extra slack. I have no idea how to get rid of it. Because clearly, if I got rid of that, the sample would look just fabulous.

You know how there are people that love challenges and will keep toying with something until they get it right? I'm in the other camp. The one that says fuck it. I'm going to do something easier now... like go roll a ball of yarn. Maybe I will leave everything out, so the ferrets can figure it out. That is if they ever wake-up from there stupor.

(OK you keen ferret observers like Claudia or Sibille... which ferret is on top?)

1 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

LOL LOL LOL, ok, we have a chocolate sable on top of a silve mitt. Babette on top of Tiffany?

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona