Monday, April 10, 2006

Insomnia

Insomnia can be a good thing. I spent last night bouncing knitting blogs and I discovered something new. Nancy at Machine Knitting to Dye For is machine knitting fabric pieces, dyeing patterns onto them, unvravelling and voila! things like self-striping sock yarn! I love the dyeing theory aspect and using a knitting machine-- everything about this appeals to me. So much so, that I decided that I must take the beginning knitting machine and dyeing companion classes. And unlike every class I have seen this year that I've liked, it is not already over or on the other side of the country. May 13 I will flying my cookies to Berkeley. I had a great conversation with Nancy-- she is so passionate about the technique. Check out her examples-- (so intricate) and the results of one of her students Spinnity (notice on the sock blank she knows exactly what color the heel of her sock is going to be. You dont know that with a skein of OPAL.

Monday Moment of Zen:


And yet I still ask myself why does Tiffany sleep only under the couch? (Inside moebius basket that I am still to afraid to felt) I dont know whether Tiffany is having loved expressed to her or being tasted.

2 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

LOL LOL LOL - I think she is being loved for how she tastes!! I have that here at home a lot!! :-)

10:37 AM  
Blogger teabird said...

Have I ever seen anything so cute as that picture!? Utterly wondereful! And I'm looking forward to seeing you at KTC.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona