Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Trick me twice shame on... I know I know

It was just a few posts ago that I reported the disappearance of my wallet. It was found 4 days later, but once again, it is missing. Once again, I have two suspects:

I think it’s Babette (top “perp”). Stealing smooth things is her MO, while Tiff goes for the soft and smelly things. I came home tired last night from my night class and set my stuff down without securing it. I forget that ferrets smell my stuff coming in from the outside and get all weasely excited.

Like before I questioned them separately. I told Tiffany I have evidence that she does go into the place where I keep my wallet.


I played good cop. I told her that I knew she was innocent, however, protecting Babette was only going to bring her down too. I offered a deal, unlimited access to J’s smelly socks for a month (Trust me, this is big ferret currency.) But nothing. I ate her treats in front of her, but she didn’t crack. I got rougher. I told her that I didn’t care which ferret took the deal, as long as I got my wallet back. I got nothing from her, and without actual proof, I had to turn her loose.

I picked up Babette. Babette, though younger, is a tougher street-wise weasel. Where Tiffany will try to play the cute card, Babette will hiss, I knew she was the one, but I played dumb. I went through the same routine with Babette, but she dummied up.

I made empty promises of being more careful with my wallet the last time. This time, instead of that, I am going to put one of those beeper locaters on it.

Babette online shopping probably with a credit card from my wallet.

(I would appreciate it if you ignore the fact that the bed is unmade)

2 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

Oh my goodness, those girls are just too cute!!! :-)

2:36 PM  
Blogger C+SK said...

Oh it's me again - just to say that Babette reminds me very much of the best ferret I've ever had the pleasure to live with. She was also a chocolate, and unfortunately died last September and I miss her so so much. The weird thing is - her name was Bellette - I am not kidding!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona