Saturday, January 28, 2006

Chiquitita

So believe it or not, I was not the driving force to see Mamma Mia. When it first came out I was interested, but it waned. However, WHN has been DYING to see it.

And actually, it was very good. Maybe I gave it more credit because of the whole WE WILL ROCK YOU sucking, but I did like it. We were in the front side row in front of the percussionist. Before the show was going to start he asked us if were were ready. During the show he kept looking at me to see if I was having a good time. It was a lot of pressure. At intermission he questioned our enjoyment level so then I start to worry that oh maybe I didnt look happy enough? But I know I had to look more enthusiastic than our geriatic section that kept grabbing their hearts when the music would start (we were right by a speaker)

WHN enjoyed it becuase evidently ABBA was all he heard as a child growing up in Belgium. He was picking out names for future pets based on the songs. I enjoyed watching the band get into a rubber band fight inbetween songs.

Suffice it to say, I recommend Mamma Mia but dont sit by the band if you dont want that personal touch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

I saw Avenue Q in December and really enjoyed it. I was on Day 4 of my first flu and it was still fun. A great midrange restaurant to pair it with (either before or after) is Grand Lux inside the Venetian. But hmmm... someone that lives close enough to Vegas to visit at least once a year...

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona