Sunday, February 25, 2007


I think for awhile now I have been knitting for the end result. Knocking out presents or just to feel a sense of doneness. My projects have been not what you would call concentration heavy. So imagine the transition for me to the prism noni bag which is all charted colorwork. OI! I thought it would be a cute bday present for my SIL, however, depending on the effort, or more realistically how much I fuck it up, I may keep it for myself (to avoid at least one of these phenomena I shouldnt chose to knit in colors that I would like myself.) At least if I keep it I will know how to position it so the non-mistakey parts are shown ;) Granted for some of you non-lazy knitters this is nothing, but I have been oh so lazy.

I know I am not enjoying the knitting because I am getting knitting philosophical. Like is something worth knitting if it sucks while I am knitting it but the end result should be great? Or is knitting about the challenge? (and again by challenge, this is difficult in as much as tedious) Will this be more rewarding than say stuff I can do without looking sitting in a movie theater? Shouldn't I knit for the fun of it? With the easy stuff, If there is a mistake I can get to it fairly quick and fix. What if I go to all this effort and I find a mistake-- will I be able to access it as easy? Will I just say screw it, but if I say screw it isnt it worse because this isnt an easy pro-- see the mental mechinations? No wonder I need so many sticky notes!



Also You Know Who isn't helping any. I'm sure her stupid bro will use it for a ass pillow just before a ferret obscounds with it. And I haven't even gotten into the whole will the recipient even get the effort put into it... or WHN constantly saying, you're still working on THAT?

At first I thought I would avoid the effort of too many sticky notes, and be able to eyeball it. That didnt work out so well. Rows 2-5 I had to keep ripping, so instead I am going sticky paper happy. I have been working the bottom piece while watching Bee Season. I dont want to spoil the ending for anyone wanting to see it but, Wha??? Really? That's how it ended? I don't need tight happy endings... really?

So learned something interesting in Spanish. Motito is little scooter. Motita is nickel bag. I didnt know whether I wanted to take the hit for a mistake in my paper, or let the professor think I was stupid enough to admit to illegal activities in a college paper but have the higher score.

My SP9 sent me a gift certificate... I think I am going to go indulge myself now.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger sabrina said...

Those Noni bags are so pretty but so intimidating. I think you should say you're knitting for the badassedness factor. Things that make other, lesser knitters quail, you go forth boldly to knit! Ok, it may mean you only get the appropriate reaction when you are actually in a knitting shop surrounded by women buying eyelash yarn and size 13 needles and asking the shopmistress if they will work, but any amount of the appropriate reaction is better than none!

Or, at least, so my flu medication is telling me. Y'know.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Jinann said...

Wow! I'm so impressed - believe it or not, charts kinda scare me and I still struggle with them. The bag is going to be so wonderful when you're done! I can't wait to see a picture of the finished bag!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Way to go making the Noni bag! I made one and even got around to felting it. Does it have a handle yet? - of course not! I'm bad about that - I find something new and need to cast on and then also cast aside the other stuff I was doing.

As for why you are making it? Because you CAN!

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have trouble with charts too. You aren't the only one with stickies everywhere.

It turned out fabulously though.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh! I NEED one of those bags. I haven't knit fair isle since I saw in a photo what those stripey/ all-over patterns do to my chest. But fair isle is my first love and I could definitely do a bag. Thanks for showing me one more project I must add to my list - like it's not long enough already!

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona