Monday, December 18, 2006

Low Knitting Morale


I've tried to explain to her numerous times that stopping to throw a ball is not helping me get fingers done. I decided to do fetching for my SIL (another one- stupid big Irish families) but then decided that gauntlets probably aren't great for Ireland. I thought no biggy I will just convert fetching into convertible gloves. This was last week. I don't know, last week I kept making stupid mistakes: Do a knit instead of purl, forgetting which glove was which. Accidentally pulling out the needle from the work. Frogging the wrong stitches. The list goes on, but the final straw was I made the pinky next to the thumb AND I forgot to redistribute the stitches so the top of my hand had 5 extra stitches. At this point, I decided to take a break.

Tonight is the first night I am picking them up and unfortunately guess who is oblivious to my needs. She doesn't care that I am not just trying to finish a project, but get my knitting morale back up.


Note: pinky looks big because I have abnormally small hands- the size of a 5th grader or a Vietnamese female manicurist. Since I am making them for someone else I am going by the finger sizing in Magknit's Urban Necessities.

Mans best friend my ass.

7 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

LOL LOL LOL Love the comment before!

Still gotta love Petunia and her hanging tongue!!!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

You should have known better - what were thinking? It's called Fetching... duh... Oh course Petunia had to play along!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really know what you're talking about! But ... well, Ireland isn't the North pole ... so if it still doesn't work ...

Sibille

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jinann said...

I can truly identify with you! Everytime I sit to knit, spin, or write bills, I get a "stuffed hedgehog" (Sandy's favorite toy) on my lap.....if I don't throw it, I get "pawed" or "beaked" until I toss it for her....again, and again, and again!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Tonni said...

Ha! Just like children - my dog does the same thing and one of the cats tries to sit in my lap while I'm knitting lace :)

3:43 AM  
Blogger wupperbaer said...

what a wonderful little dog...I like him/her...

I wish you and your family a nicely Christmas and a lot of presents/gifts

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are your dog and my cat related? Seem to be. Beuaty, though, with a lot of character in that face. Good luck finishing the knitting (I have one mitt to finish and have wrapped the yarn unknit for the shawl). Merry Christmas to you and yours!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona