Friday, November 17, 2006

More German stuff!

I received a package earlier this week, and promptly took pics, but I can't find my USB cable (again) I even went to Best Buy last night to buy another one (which ofcourse would then make the loss one appear) but they didn't have any my size. They did have a 30 person line waiting for the PS3 though!

Tonight I figured a way around the USB cable to at least get a couple pics up.

SOCK YARN! Because I don't have enough of it. Trekking and Opal, but the real excitement is the hand dyed sock yarn. Equivalent to the hand dyed you can get in the US, but for a great deal less. WOO! WOO! I normally don't get these colors (oranges, yellows) but I decided to step out of my box. At first I thought what was I thinking, but once I took them outside to take pictures of them (that I can't upload to my computer) I really saw how gorgeous they are! I can't wait to find the perfect patterns for them. And if I dont want to get slippy with them, Sibille sent me non-slip pads.

Once I get my camera connected, I will put better pics up that better show the wonderfully vibrant colors of the yarn. On my camera are pictures of the 2 balls in front before I wound them and they are truly gorgeous!

I'm really interested in why German yarn is cheaper. I figured Opal would be because it's made there, but now this sock yarn is working out less expensive too. I've been getting so spoiled though that when I find yarn with a German sounding name I immediately email the info to my German connection.

And it wouldn't be a package from Sibille without CANDY!!! WOOWOO!! (Seriously, candy and yarn is like a dream box for me) I love Euro choc and I think I found my new favorite candy bar (not picture because I gobbled it down pretty fast) Also notice the gummies. As I have mentioned before the Germans have taken gummies beyond the bear (which I also got, but I bit their little heads off and swallowed Yogi and his buddies) I have gummie bugs and gummie alphabet. I picture the gummie scientist experimenting with shapes in the gummie labs.



Also the German knitting mag has some cute patterns that are very chart oriented so it's not the big cruel tease it could be.

Speaking of expensive yarn, Lion Brand has learn to knit kits at Costco! For $24.99 you can get 2 skeins of wool-ease and a pattern a scarf or baby kimono.


My new convertible roof arrived in the mail last week and WHN has spent 2 days so far installing it. He was hoping I would take it somewhere but the company was insistent that with the 24 page installation instructions anyone slightly handy could install it. He is just slight enough to have to install to keep his manhood intact. I put him on the phone with the manufacturer who pretty much guilted him into it. Thank you kind manufacturer! He's been struggling with tight spaces, tough screws, exacting measurements, and cut fingers, but hopefully tomorrow I will have a brand new roof that will stay on if I drive above 10mph. As he has been getting frustrated, I have been reminding him that the cause of all this was me trying cook dinner. I don't think he will ever use my name and any form of the verb cook in a sentence again. So there is a silver lining to my car getting broken into.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya.... many thanks for your comment on my blog... if i had to catch my own dinner... i will definitely be going hungry! Ooo... socks... something i have have on my list to learn before winter comes around again... before that... i can only drool at these lovely sock yarns...

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so yummy! Thanks for the offer about the adapter for my ibook, but I talked my sister into getting it for me from the apple store in indy.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Sayward said...

Those skeins of sock yarn are beautiful! I'm so jealous!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Sayward said...

I have to ask (on behalf of my SP whose dream colour combination is in that bunch) what brand are those hand-dyed skeins?

5:32 AM  
Blogger wupperbaer said...

What a wonderful packaged with lovley socks woolen : ).... I love this colors....

your Regina

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for cars brisbane
cash for cars melbourne city

7:09 PM  
Blogger Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for cars rocklea
cash for scrap metal

7:33 PM  
Blogger Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
bus wreckers sydney
unwanted cars sydney

7:47 PM  
Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
cash for cars brisbane
cash for cars gold coast

8:20 PM  
Blogger Anayza Feloz said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
Car Wreckers Hobart
scrap car removal

8:36 PM  
Blogger Sell8 - Car Buyers Brisbane said...

Cash For Car Brisbane buy all makes & models of cars. We are the ultimate destination to sell your used scrap cars for cash anywhere in Qld. Sell My Car Gold Coast gives you the best deals on your old cars offering cash for cars in Brisbane for unwanted cars, vans, Utes, 4WD, trucks and all type of commercial vehicles.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Sydney Autos said...

Scrap car removal has given an exceptional internet offering a different choose for Sydney cash for cars for a long period of time. Our central services gives an instant money offer to your used old car, Vans, SUVs, Utes, 4WDs, Bikes, Trucks, or business vehicle. Same Day Sell your used cars easily with Sydney unwanted car removals.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Amelia Leo said...

I’m really happy to find this content author must be appreciable to write more this type of content If you want to sell your used car then you must find out a platform car removal brisbane here I give you a place where you can sell your used cars and earn money don’t think too much must contact us

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona