Sunday, November 12, 2006

back here again

OK so I know I moved to polliwanna, but I wanna come back here. MAC was just driving me crazy. Though their IWEB does do some neat things, there are some annoying things that I just can't get around. What I will use that site for is my yarn stash. Yes I plan to record all my yarn... ok not the acryllic (no wants to admit to owning that)... but the rest of it... definitely.

This weekend not a lot of knitting or spinning. I started a new sock. A socky confession-- somehow when I do my decreases I always end up off. Socky confession 2- I hate the way my toes turn out. So until I can hone my counting skills as well as do nice toes, I am going to do simple stockinette socks. Once I can make a perfect pair of socks, I will then do a more complicated ones. I'm tired of rewarded my sloppiness by fudging it.

Even though I have afghan squares in various stages of completion, I am going to be starting on another! (SHHH don't tell WHN I am doing more squares- he will go fucking spare. Seriously, there is a square moratorium imposed.) But I can't help myself. I decided that next year I'm going to exclusively knit blankets and socks. The only exception will be gifts... Why? As I introduce you the next couple of weeks to my blanket UFOs, you will see that this is definitely a good plan.

But I can't live on UFOs alone...

The blankets that I plan to start are the XRX blankets:
The Great American Aran Afghan:


The Great American Afgan:



I joined a KAL for the first the aran one, but the second I am knitting alone (unless there are some that want to start it up with me)

Now I am not promising that I will finish either of these in 2007. I have squares from 1979 for chrissakes. (more on those in a later post)

OK another exception to my blanket and sock rule... any project I can do with stash yarn... and purses! (and by purse, I mean any kind of bag) I love to knit cute purses.

One last bit of housekeeping. I want a button for my blog. How do I make that happen? Assume limited skills. Remember I evidently can't even count.


I leave you with my matching pets. I dont think I could ever again have a cat and dog that didn't coordinate.

6 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

Cool, good to have you back on blogger. I can try and help you with the button - email you later.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Color coordinated pets, very interesting ;-) So does you home decor match the pets also ;-))

Best wishes
Petra

6:02 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Actually, if I was smart they would because of all the shedding would be undectectable.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Yeah!! I can comment!!

Sorry your mac website didn't turn out as awesome as you had hoped.

I will make the American one - BUT ONLY AFTER I finish the Aran one!!

Too many squares are once can make Jody a square monkey.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your back - that other site was slooooowww.

Such cute animals :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Tonni said...

Such a cute picture of your matching pets! So lucky they get along!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona