Monday, November 13, 2006

OK OK new exceptions to my sock/blanket rule!

(As I type, I can hear the ferrets playing with scanner printer. I'm the only one home. Maybe Tif is scanning Babette's ass.) I got my Japanese felting books in the mail today. I bought them because there was this bracelet I thought was cool so I was hoping the rest of the book would be too. I bought the other becasue I was annoyed that a LYS was selling it for $25 when I could buy it on Amazon for $10. The books are predominately Japanese, surprise, I know, but they are good with the pics.

However, they do have little weird English sayings "The smell of my forrest is not forgotten" Say what?

Last night WHN was watching one of his heros, Gordon Ramsay on his stupid new show, The F Word. (the premise is to get women back in the kitchen... what where the belong Gordon- is that the missing part of the phrase Gordo??) One of the other features he is doing is teaching his kids where food comes from so they are fattening up X-Mas turkeys (who all have names btw) Anyway, to the point. Check out the sweater!


I don't know if it's a handknit (Noro?) or one of the color forward Euro designs. Either way I am dying to make one for WHN! It would bring me such pleasure to make a fuscia, orange, and black sweater for him to wear. I'm still working on WHN. I mean if Gordon Ramsay can still feel like a man in it (OK so fine he was wearing it out at the turkey coop and he does dress a bit goofy normally) WHN said that Gordon is married and has 4 kids to prove his hetero virility. Evidently the animals and I don't count. I should have just knitted it and given it to him with the most earnest face I could muster and say, "See just like Gordon Ramsay!" He might doubt my sincerity but wouldnt have the guts to ask.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy said...

Gordon Ramsey is a lot of an a**. It would be funny to see the look on a man's face when he opened that for Christmas and knew he had to wear it to make you happy.

If you want to use an acutal photo to make a button for your blog, I can help you there, depending on the photo editor you have on your computer. If not, try googling blog button makers. There are quite a few out there who will make one for you.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Ha! You need to make him that sweater. It's your mission as a woman!

Tell him Monkey girl will throw poop on him if he doesn't wear it!!!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Mama said...

Confession #1: I would have had to buy the knitted flowers book too. The flowers are so beautiful!

Confession #2: Not one clue in this world who Gordon Ramsey is. And, I'm not at all worried that this might mean that I am not in with the cool crowd - after all - I knit therefore I am.

Confession #3: Dying to be part of the Aran American KAL because I DO want to be in with THIS cool crowd!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

the felt book looks really pretty. cant wait to see what it inspires you to make!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona