Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Knocking 'em out

So I finished the knitting of the 2 pairs of slippers over the weekend. I haven't felted them yet. I planned to borrow a slipper for sizing (I need size 8 and 7.5), but I haven't gotten around to it blah blah blah, and so here I sit with my clown shoes. I Google'd for a conversion chart of feet size to inches. At first pass I didn't find what I was looking for, but found the formula for converting shoe size to penis size (shoe size + 5 / 2 if your curious) Interesting, but not knitting cozies, so needed to focus. The few charts I pulled up, when I compared my size to inches (my feet, not making any anatomical confessions here today) it seemed off. Maybe I don't know my shoe size. Maybe all these years that I thought I was a stumbly drunk, I just had on the wrong shoes. Anyway, I hope to get these bad boys felted this week. Until then, enjoy some before pictures.


Do you see the cat hair sticking out between them??? Bain of my existence that stupid cat. I don't think I have had one UFO that he hasn't found and started to lick his ass on. Drives me mad!!! Anyway, if you can look beyond that cat hair, I don't know. I think these shoes are looking a bit too clownish... not because of size, but color. The recipient, says she likes all colors of the rainbow, particular reds, pinks, and greens. When I originally saw the yarn I thought felted it would look really good, but now I am thinking too orange and too Barnum & Bailey.


The other pair, much more subdued, I wanted to pose with the dog for a size comparison (dog and slippers, a natural pair) but dog is sleeping with her face buried. The next thing I thought was one of her manky tennis balls.




So hopefully I will get my act together and get these things felted and sent away soon. I have just turned the heels on the cable booties so hopefully I will have one pair done tonight. After that, a Chrismakuh scarf to do and then I can go back to my current obsession, spinning, which I will have to add dyeing to my repetoire because these cream sheep are bringing me down.


Yes this is yet another spool of plied beige yarn- approx 190 yds.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jinann said...

The slippers are very pretty - I like both - I can't wait to see them "post felting". Your spinning looks great! I have no time for spinning/knitting right now....it's killing me!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I think she'll like them. if not - it's her own fault for saying she liked bright colors!!

Oh and as for dying - I'm "dying" (sorry) to try again with real acid dyes instead of cool aid. Fly on over here and we can whip some dyes up on my stove!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

so purty. and I had to look twice to find the cat hair. I thought all knitted (and crocheted) goods just naturally came with cat hair in them... :)

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like both pairs - really!

Sibille

1:30 PM  
Blogger Petra said...

Hi Nic,

this conversion chart should help you http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html
I like the slippers. I will have to try a pair of my own.

Best wishes
Petra

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure the bright clown shoes will look great felted. The process blurs the colours enough that anything goes. Also, all my projects are cathair blends as well - goes without saying.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cute! and don't worry about the cat hair... all of my projects are 3/4 yarn and the other 1/4 is made up of cat hair and my own hair that constantly gets wound around my needles somehow... I keep threatening to shave it :)

10:27 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I think they both look nice!

3:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool clogs! Good thing those suckers knit up so fast, isn't it?

Your SP9

2:02 PM  
Blogger C+SK said...

Those are some cool slippers!!!!!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona