Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Crap.


So I've been reading blogs reading about people and their long list of Christmas knitting projects. I've been feeling pretty superior since I opted out of that. I admit I laughed and thought FOOL to each blog I read... My smugness came to an abrupt end last night at 1:46am when I asked my SIL what we (WHN and me) should get my MIL for Christmas. Without skipping a beat she suggested a scarf. I've knitted her a scarf before, so we came up with either the felted clogs or One Skein's slipper socks. SHIT! Then she said how she would like a pair and it's not like I could say no... I mean it is Christmas. (Now if it was Arbor Day I would tell her to...)

SHIT! I'm no longer better than you! I'm worse because I am trying to pull this together now. I tried to kid myself that I could have a year off. And have I mentioned my last few felting projects haven't turned out so hot? Sonofa... This month I was going to leisurely work on convertible mittens and spin. You know work on projects that I would keep so I could drink during the making of them. Now I have pressure knitting that I will have to do sober.

Why did I have to ask her... I should have just gone with my first idea of a Vegas shot class and a t-shirt:
(I'm saving the poker chips and ash tray for her birthday)

11 Comments:

Blogger Shelby said...

I like the T-shirt/shot glass idea too! Much easier. I only knit 1 gift this year, and I'm so glad!

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been careful about who I've told about my list. I can back out of most of the projects at the last minute. And the way I'm going, fully intend to.

8:13 AM  
Blogger C+SK said...

LOL LOL LOL

Hey, I need your address to send you the yarn for your SIL's scarf (remember??) and your tram card!!!!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Petra said...

LOL
So why should you come off easy ;-))

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, give her the t-shirt & shot glass with an IOU... Then give her the knitted gift on arbor day :) tee hee... yea, your probably not laughing.. You'll get it done - no worries :)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

it's OK. You can get them done. Although I do understand the idea of not wanting to knit for Christmas. I did that last year (well, crocheted scarves) and stressed myself silly. NOT this year. I have the "have to" knitting done and what else I get done is all a bonus. :) and furthermore, no one knows they're getting anything knitted!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm trying to make the same decision.. kinda... I'm trying to decide on Fuzzy Feet or the slipper socks in One Skein for my SP's January package!

At least they aren't big knitting projects? :D

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to league of fools ... ;-))
Our advantage is / should be that we started earlier than you ... but you'll do it!

Sibille

11:20 PM  
Blogger Mama said...

Dude - have you never heard of KARMA?! Sheesh! are you new here? We knitters will not be laughed at for over-extending ourselves :}

ps: 24 days and counting...(maybe I should get started on my own Christmas projects list now!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Ha ha!! Serves you right! Smugass!! Hehehehe!!!! There is no escape!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Heh, heh, heh. Welcome to the frenzy, feel free to snap at random passers-by.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona