Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Christmas in Vegas

Forget the trees turning or snow on the ground, we know it's Christmas in Las Vegas when the cocktail waitresses switch to their holiday uniforms:



And speaking of Christmas, I finally felted the clogs. I did the pairs separately, and midway through, the pinkish pair developed a hole.


I needle felted the repair before I tossed them back into the washer:


Finished felted repair:



Finished Fiber Trends Felted Clogs. Each clog took one evening to make using a combo of Crystal Palace and Loft yarns.


I'm happy with how the pink/orange/purple combo turned out:


Petunia, tired of me using her toy for sizing, interrupts my photoshoot:


Last week we had the National Rodeo Finals. Part of it involved a Cowboy Christmas at the convention center. So many people in cowboy hats in one location!



Brokeneck Cowboy:


Kid cowpoke:



Donut making cowboy:



Saddles and boots:



Basically you could meet all your cowboy needs:
From Top:

To bottom:


Tacky T-Shirts:




WHN succumbed and had ordered custom cowboy boots. I am sure they will look lovely in the back of the closet.


In other knitting news, the cable booties from One Skein are basically done. I just need to weave in ends and remove cat and dog fur. I want to make a men's scarf with with worsted weight navy blue yarn, but my ribbing always looks crappy (even knitting in back loop) so what to make what to make...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as said before: I really like the slippers. And you can repair a hole - wow! I'd have no idea what to do ...

I love the boots but I know there aren't many occasions to wear them here.

Sibille

11:46 PM  
Blogger C+SK said...

The coolest post! Makes me want to go back to Vegas!!!

Ohhh what a shame when the cowboys in town!! Steven has 2 pairs of boots (that he never wears...) and when we were in Montana he was saying he *needs* a new pair!!! Not cheap either!!!

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The slippers look great felted.

For a man's scarf I love the broken rib - my ribbing always looks messy too but this seems to work - whatever rib pattern you like on one row, then just knit the next.
A bit of interest but quick and easy too.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Mama said...

Wow - you have to be very secure in your masculinity (ex: great fighter, fast runner)or as dumb as a box of rocks to wear those t-shirts!

Love the "repaired" slippers. Feel free to send them to me if your giftee isn't 100% happy :)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Love the booties... (checking watch - waiting for scan of pattern)

Tell WHN - for every pair of cowboy boots be buys - you get to buy his weight in yarn :)

9:30 AM  
Blogger Tonni said...

Those felted clogs look great! I may have to try one of those patterns...

Coolest shirts for cowboys... those would fit right in our land of dixie :)

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look great! They did turn out better than you thought right? Ah, cowboys!

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the clogs you felted - they look lovely!
Great Work!

2:00 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

The clogs look great. I admired the pattern in another blog also.
Do you live in Vegas? The waitress should probably get rid of the shrug for better tips ;-))

Best wishes
Petra

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Vegas must be quite the nutty place to live!

Just wanted to let you know, there's a little box heading off in the mail for you today. Hope you enjoy!

Your SP9

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if the cocktail waitress thought you were a crazy head for having her pose for the camera?

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona