Sunday, January 21, 2007

January Duldrums


I am so stuck in this space where I just can't even figure out what to blog about. It is the weirdest thing... normally I can think of something that is at least mildly interesting to me. I would be in a moment and think OO I should blog about this later but then later would come and I would think eh I dont want to blog about that. I just haven't been able to get interested in anything. I noticed this mood has carried over into my lack of interest in other things. I was stuck on a scarf if you can believe that which seemed appropos to this month. Finally yesterday to kick start me I went and got my hair cut. As soon as that was done I found out that my computer was even out of the shop. Isn't that Hindu or Buddhist where even if you aren't into something, you go through the motions until the meaning comes? So hopefully I will be able to get out of the January funk soon.

So to jump start my blogging I will do what I normally do when I have bloggers block: post random pics from my cellphone (yea! I know a thrill a minute here)


What I spun today at my spinning group. I haven't decided if I am going to ply it with some spun periwinkle blue or cream.



Though my car has a new roof, WHN still hasn't reinstalled my passenger seat. It's a very lonely feeling. Hopefully I will have my seat in by the time I pick up Shelby from the airport (don't worry Shelby if you are reading this, I you wont have to ride ghetto style, I was going to borrow WHN's car anyway.. but I was going to use you as the excuse to get him moving)

If you wondering I brought my fiber stash bag, wheel, purse, sewing machine and spinning bag with me today. Yes I have replaced the idea of people with clutter of things.


Speaking of clutter, I found this sewing/yarn/whatever other crap this little old lady has decided to carry in the past 50 years. This place is in Boulder City, the little town next to guess what... yes it's a dam town. They don't have any dam gambling so there are lot of dam speed traps. The dam town is full of dam antique shops.

One of these days when I have the time and a helmet, I will sift through her stuff.


How cold does it get in Vegas?


Token cute animal picture

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL LOL Love the fountain pic! Good to have you back on blogland!

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey was missing you reading up on your lbog. I have been in a funk as well just couldn't think of anything to write about that was positive.

What a clutter shop that lady has in Boulder City, umm scary. Any good deals?

4:45 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

So...I guess I don't need to ask how cold it gets?! Too funny.

As for the seat- I don't mind being your excuse at all! Anything to light the fire under the husband is a good thing. See you in a few days!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

It's about time you posted! hehehe

I hope you and Shelby have fun!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am afflicted with the same condition. blech. january. yes, it's the month of "fresh starts" and "new beginnings" but i just can't seem to find the motivation right now. argh!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Jinann said...

Welcome back! I've REALLY missed reading your pssts!

I love the pictuer of the fountain....it's stunning!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as the others said: good to have you back!

I love the pics of the fountains - seems as cold as here in Germany ...

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to blogland! You have been missed.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree January is the month of no ambition. I do want to thank-you for all your hard work as hostess. You did a great job!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, didn't know it got so cold there. We're at 25 degrees below 0 Celsius here in Northern Ontario. Good weather to stay in and knit and just look out the window at the clear crispy cold. Thanks for being our Secret pal 9 hostess and dropping by with comments. I enjoyed the exchange.

6:29 PM  
Blogger knitwhit said...

I've been in the blog funk for 2 months now. Ugh. I love your method for coming out of it!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona