Saturday, March 10, 2007

Happy March!

I managed to finish the bottom part of the bag before the ferrets ran off with it. I am sure it is lining some happy ferret nest somewhere. ARGH! Here it is in better days:


Which I suppose is good since my pattern is being used by someone else:


Seriously they have no respect.

Does she look fat? Someone called her that after seeing the picture?


I wasn't going to do SP10, but was talked into it. I had the most amazing SP10 spoiler, but more or that when I get a camera next week.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like things I can felt. I like soft and smooth stuff. I love cuddly yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My SP8 Spoiler sewed me a lovely straight needle holder.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for many years. I taught myself with a Barbara Walker Learn to Knit afghan bookl. Crocheting I learned at my grandmother’s knee in her afghan making sweatshop.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes Amazon

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Since it’s getting springy I like fresh smells.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
YES Chocolate (esp white)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I have a spinning wheel that I am still getting to know.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like all sorts of music: alternative, 80s, big band. Right now I am really liking Regina Spektor, The Killers, but in my CD player is Travis. Though if you saw the type of stuff I have saved on my Sirius radio, I would have to turn in my way too cool card. Yes my computer can play MP3

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like greens (except mint green) I love emeraldy greens. I'm really into retro stuff like burgundies, browns with pale blues and oranges... I also like bright saturated colors (but not primary)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Husband, cat, dog, ferrets, iguana.. and they are all a pain in my ass. Do you want one of them?

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
YES, YES, YES (prefer gloves), NO (I think I need to use my small pool as a hostess to get this questioned revised. Ponchos are so out and out of all the blogs I have read as a hostess, I have yet to see anyone make someone else a poncho)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Things I can finish.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Touch Me Scarf, a cable purse, socks... it goes on... don’t judge.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YES

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like metal. I like to knit with speed.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, they are the pets I always wanted but never had. And unlike my husband, they don’t bitch about dealing with my yarn.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
15 years or so. I told you not to judge

18. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday, then Christmas-- guess what these holidays have in common and you’ll know why I love them.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
I like Mermaids, shells, tikis, milagros, -- I have the taste of a middle age man named Maury.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I subscribe to Interweave and Vogue. There is always some pattern I want.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Armenian Knitting.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? YES I am. Size 8.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 3/15, the same day as Fabio and Judd Hirsch (or Eva Longoria if you want a more recent reference or the day of Julius Caesar’s Death if you aren’t into that Hollywood scene) However I am greedy and immature enough to make any day my birthday if it means I will get prezzies and cake.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oo, I like that. Good luck with sp10

2:05 PM  
Blogger Jinann said...

The "bag bottom" looks great! Hopefully, the ferrets went "easy on it" and it's still in good shape. (I sure hope your doggie didn't drool too much on the pattern.....LOL! I still need to get the latest Noni bag patterns......I'm a bit behind!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that, too and hope you'll get it back soon. What about teaching the ferrets to knit!?

2:02 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

So - are they still "cute" when they steal your knitting?! Hee hee

I hope you can find it!

SP10 huh - hostessing too? Good luck!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICOL!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona