Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Purse WIP Hell minor

I have no idea, but without being aware of it, I have been knitting purse after purse and nothing else. Detailed details can be found on Ravelry (nicknits). Suffice it to say, they are all WIPs. But good for me, all knit from stash (a big improvement for me.)

Brea bag:
brea bag
It's hard to tell in the pictures, but it's made with a variegated green yarn that I bought last year in Santa Fe. I need to finish the gusset, seam it, crab stitch the top, and sew a lining (haha) but instead of doing that, I moved onto Isabeau.

Isabeau:
Isabeau
I am in lining hell. I am currently trying to sew in a plastic canvas linining. I didnt like the hippy dippy unstructured look, however, I am not loving the lining right now either... so it be hard to work on something that isn’t turning out the way I envisioned, so I started yet another bag.

Coco:
no really coco
Yeah I got issues with this one too. This is originally a Magknits pattern. The stitch pattern I had a problem with one of the cables. A purl stitch kept popping up where I thought a knit stitch would look better, and the more I knit the ickier it seemed. I looked up a Barbara Walker stitch pattern and decided to go with that. This is going to be a small clutch. The original pattern has a chain, however, I don't see that happening either. But now I am thinking the yarn is way too bright orange. I was going to give it to my SIL who likes bright bold colors, but wow this is really bright and bold and metallic. Maybe too much.

So this is where I am knittingwise. None of them are exciting me, and what's worse, it's not like these are big knitting projects that I have to devote attention to for months or weeks or even days, yet I can't muster it.

I've decided to make Thursday travelogue days, so stay tuned for that where I will have more from fabulous Yuma, AZ

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should make them for etsy:) I'd buy

Hope all is well

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to drop a line and say hello secret pal ;)

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona