Tuesday, September 18, 2007

On the road back from Yuma

Finally the end of the road trip! I know a 3 day trip was stretched into weeks of blogs, however, you saw something different each time. Trust me went to DQ at least once a day and I have pictures from each time that I could be regailing you with!

We left Yuma in the afternoon, so we did hit many places in the dark.

On the way out we stopped at the phallic big gun by the Yuma armory.
armory.jpg

yuma gun.jpg

We saw funky little businesses in the middle of nowhere.
middle of nowhere CA 2

nowhere CA.jpg
Look at all the services this one thing provides- AND IT WAS CLOSED! That looks like a place that should be open LONG HOURS.

We saw the sun set
P1010294.jpg

And finally we came upon the honey place again. Can you believe that my friend never had gone into it. Something about she being female and that being a dodgy trailer advertising self-serve honey. However, I was all over it!
honey truck.jpg

There wasn't a creepy person in there, he left a notepad and sold on the honor system.
inside honey truck.jpg
honey truck 5
honey truck 4
I looked around for the mansion that this little honey empire built, but I didn't see it. Probably because it was too dark I am sure.

But the funniest part, was a little town called Searchlight, Nevada. It is where Senate Majority leader Reid is from. Now Searchlight is teeny tiny, so not a big budget for policing.
Searchlight cop 3.jpg
Searchlight cop 4.jpg
Searchlight cop 5.jpg
They even move Officer Stiff around so people wont get used to him and, I dont know, pass him off as "human."

Next post I plan to bring some culture to the blog and post about my latest museum trip.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so lucky that you get to travel so much! I am not sure I would want to go get self-serve honey either! Then again, I did see the movie the Hills have Eyes!

6:08 PM  
Blogger Jinann said...

Officer Stiff looks like a "lively one" LOL!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I love the help-yourself-honey 'store' - I hope people didn't rip them off.

When we lived in Boulder CO (1993-95) they started to put dummies in police cars too - it was really effective, surprisingly enough!

12:30 AM  
Blogger AnneKaelber said...

Color me extra-ordinarily jealous 'cause you've been in Arizona and I haven't!!!! That's home for me and I wanna go back!

Before I forget, two more things. One, more ferret pictures please. And two.....

TAG! ;)

http://blog.annekaelber.com/node/238

Yeah, I'm mean that way. ;)

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bringing back memories when we lived in 29 Palms and had to go thru those places. I do hope noone takes advantage of the honey guy.:(

Oh Ya we are coming to Vegas in November I will keep you updated!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona