Friday, November 30, 2007

What I can do

My right hand is completely immobilized so knitting is out. Completely out. But I had this great idea that I could teach lazy lefty to crochet left handed. My right arm is good for a weight.

I present to you a piece of my yarn history! My first ever UFO!
70s granny squares
GRANNY SQUARES! Oh enjoy the lovely color choices of a 7 year old working with scrap 70s acrylic. As exiting as it is to pul squares out to individually show them to people, I am connecting them. Black Wool-Ease** is the only yarn I will be buying for it. I have enough scrap acrylic (including some from the 70s!) that I should be able to make any additional squares to make an even number and make a border. I need to make a lot of rows of border to make this blanket size. Oh yes, I plan not only to proudly display my first ever crochet project, but to use this bad boy!
70s granny squares

70s granny squares
I set these up outside because I didn't want animals tromping on them. Will Puppypup respect the squares?
70s granny squares

70s granny squares
70s granny squares


**About 10 years ago being a novice knitter, and before knitting blew up in popularity and on the internet, I decided to take them to a LYS and get advice. Granny squares were so dated! Roseanne's (the self-proclaimed queen of white trash) couch had a granny square blanket on it. I wanted to try and hip these things up. I go to L'Atelier, a very posh knitting store on a very fashionable street (Montana Ave, Santa Monica, CA) They recommend that I buy any yarn I like in the store and knit squares and connect them. I spent $90 on 5 balls of yarn. Thankfully, I really hated the squares so I put them away and forgot about them. I am staying old school acrylic!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

You waited just the right amount of time to whip those babies out! Now you are totally in fashion, and not Roseanne-ish at all. Even Princess Puppypup likes them!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Jinann said...

You go girl! Wow! (By the way....my left hand works very hard and isn't lazy.....however, I can't say the same for the right one - especially when I injured my left hand in 8th grade. I can REALLY empathize with what you're going through in school - writing with the opposite hand just doesn't work well. )

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona