Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas at Las Vegas Square

Recently a new outdoor mall opened in Vegas on S. Las Vegas Blvd at the 15 and 215. The mall reminds me of a small town, or should I say, the set of a movie of a small town. I expected the Gilmore Girls to pop out at any moment. They have parking lots, a garage, but for the lazy person in us, also available are metered parking along the "streets" of the inside of the mall. And it wouldn't be Vegas without the valet option.

Not all the shops are open yet, but some that are Apple, Eddie Bauer, Banana Republic, Guitar Center, and Claim Jumper. They also have RAVE movie theater.

Ofcourse right now I love it because it's now 5000 degrees out. Come summer, it will be dead to me.


If you are into Norman Rockwell, through the holidays, they have statures recreating 6 of his magazine covers scattered throughout the mall.

A few days ago, Santa was seeing the doggies. I thought the combo of new mall and Vegas not being the friendliest dog town, it wouldn't be that crowded, but it was packed with pooches! And most of them were dressed. We got there at 6pm and left at 8pm- and there was a still a line.
DSC01104

DSC01067
I was in sweats and having a terrier out dress me was quite embarrassing.

More dogs in clothes:

DSC01062
DSC01063
dog in a kilt


DSC01036
the other bully there


DSC01049
the pony there.


DSC01056
Figured out that mom and dad took her to see Santa on pet night (but look at the fab dog sweater behind her!)


DSC01115
Lil' Dolce & Gabana


DSC01105
Dog in fur...and fur


DSC01076
DSC01069
Dogs that should have called each other before showing up.


Santa's lil' doppelgangers:
DSC01130


DSC01122
Please don't make go over there dressed like this!


DSC01113
I saw someone holding their German Sheppard in this exact same pose!


DSC01109
These evil little girls wanted to be wheeled over and see Toonsters. Once there they stood and started jeering her. They hissed and called her fat and Toonsters just looked at them like what's your damage?


DSC01121
Waiting patiently with her list.


The photo people did a great job. Instead of herding the animals through, they let one into the building at a time and shut the door behind. They also stayed until they got a good shot, so the line was slow moving, but looking at the dogs was fun. Oh, and Toonsters, she got it on the first shot, thank you very much.
scan_71212203319_1

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

Cute!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Love it!

Toonsters? Did I miss something?

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great shot! And all the doggies!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

Gotta love the little girl whose parents brought her on doggie night! Toonsters looks great--so photogenic!

7:16 PM  
Blogger C+SK said...

OHHHHH my goodness, that is such a cute photo of doggie! And look at all those doggies!

(I was so sorry I missed you in Vegas! :-( Next year?!)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Em said...

That's too funny. I think there must be something about big cities and dog fashions -- I've never seen so many dogs in coats as in Toronto, and it seems Vegas is much the same!

I am very jealous of your outdoor mall. That said, considering out recent foot-plus snowfall, I don't think they'd work out so well here...

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona