Thursday, January 03, 2008

Granny Square HELL!

I am working diligently on my 30 year old granny square afghan, and I have to say, it was as monotonous as I remember. And I am officially spent on coming up with color combos. WHN as been doing a few lately and I have to admit he is coming up with things I wouldn't have thought of. He calls some of his ugly creations able to fit in quite nicely with kid Polly's... Ug. So now I am calling to the smattering of you that read this, to pick colors for me:
- 4 colors let me know in what order. I numbered them so you wont have to describe the color. If you can't read the number, upper left (1) to upper right (7) and so on to 31.
-email, leave a comment, or send me a message via ravelry

My creation

Just a couple notes:
6- cranberry (and 21 crimson so you figure that out)
7- primary color green
11- Vanna White's acid green
14- not that dark brown
27- bright neon pink
Thanks! I have been picking the same square colors over and over again. I will make the square and post the end results (with your name, so don't try to screw me with your color choice ;)

We have a new hotel in Vegas- The Palazzo, the tallest hotel in Vegas. It's connected to the Venetian. The Palazzo was scheduled to open on Dec 28, but I guess they were behind so it opened, but the rooms arent ready as well as most of the shops. But their atrium is lovely. For people that are familiar with the Vegas resorts, this hotel is lovely, but it does have the WOW of the Bellagio or Wynn.


Happy New Year! And don't forget to pick for colors for me!

EDIT: Thank you so much! I am thrilled. You guys are picking things I wouldn't have thought of! I LOVE LOVE just mindlessly crocheting. Keep on picking! I'm keeping up with you and will post everyone's squares next week.

Hopefully this is only a so far preview...
Telmah
Telmah

Javajem
Javajem

Abbeykins
Abbeykins

THANK YOU!

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Ooh, fun! 9,20,27,1

6:45 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

14, 25, 3, 11

Crochet like the wind!!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

15 & 23, 5 & 25

Good luck!

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant 2 and 25... not 5 and 25. :)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

9, 10, 1, 13

10:55 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

3, 4, 9, 23!

And that hotel looks amazing!! I am really hoping to make a trip out there in the fall!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally I had to pull myself together today. And I think it's not fantastis to announde a PM for this evening.
My combo: 2 - 4 - 25 - 23

2:36 AM  
Blogger C+SK said...

8, 9, 10 & 16

5:51 AM  
Blogger C+SK said...

15, 29, 30 & 31

5:53 AM  
Blogger C+SK said...

13, 16, 19 & 20

Oh, was I supposed to pick only one combination?!! ;-)

5:54 AM  
Blogger morkirlan said...

18, 11, 10, 26

From outside in - I don't crochet so am not sure which way you work!

I'm de-lurking here - I check in on your blog quite often, love the ferrets!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

Thanks for lurking and de-lurking. I'm thrilled to have you do both anytime! I will let the ferrets know they have a fan in you. I'm sure they will rub this fact into the dog and cats noses.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

Okay, here's another Fantastic Fuji Mama creation: 18, 29, 22, 15

Yeah, I know you love it.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

10, 13, 18, 20

Fuji Mama has spoken.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Thanks everyone for feeling sorry for me. I got all the squares! I'm setting them all near each other in hopes they will attach themselves.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona