Thursday, January 17, 2008

DONE! DONE! DONE!

Completed Afghan

Yesterday, at 12:16pm pst, I FINISHED the blanket that I started when I was 7 years old. I am in shock. I have this sense of freedom.

I started with 69 squares from my childhood. Some of the color combos came from my Grandmother. I made 71 more, some of the combos from you! I think that is a nice full circle moment.
Granny Squares from you
1. Sibille, 2. Morkirlan, 3. Rachael, 4. Claudia, 5. Shelby, 6. Jinann, 7. Abbeykins, 8. Javajem, 9. Telmah

Yes, I was thrilled when this happened:


And this:
afghanbabette

And this:
afghanfred

Fred has never sat on this chair before. It took him 3 minutes between setting the afghan on it and his stupid self discovering it. Earlier I had joked that I wanted to turn the guest room completely white with all white furniture and put my blanket in there. He was not in the plan.

The granny square monkey is off my back.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Big congrats! I'm so glad I helped a tiny bit ;)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

Now that is an accomplishment! It looks great!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

It rocks, it rocks, it rocks!!!

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! It's done! I still think it looks like the one on "Roseanne"

2:42 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Wow- it's beautiful!! What a huge accomplishment!!

7:51 AM  
Blogger C+SK said...

Oh my goodness, Nicol! Congratulations!!!!! It's absolutely gorgeous! And what an accomplishment! :-)

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come I missed the photos of the blanket so far! It's really, really great!
But: don't let the pets ruin it before I can see it in real ;-)

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona