Monday, January 14, 2008

Squares done!

I finally finished all the squares for this afghan. I originally did not mean to make so many, but I decided I rather make more squares than have to make a super never ending border to get to a decent size. I also knocked back the pastelness of the squares of 7 year old me. I'm not sure if I was into pastels, but I think my grandmother made a lot of baby afghans and I got her left over yarn. 7 year old me will be thrilled that her squares were put together finally. Though I am thinking about blowing off that kid, because assembling squares is TEDIOUS.

It felt good to make that final square. Everyone was excited about seeing it.
final square

The ferrets offered their help in laying out the squares.
ferret squares
Tiffany on squares
babette squares

Toonsters felt that the square design was fine as is, and felt we should move onto other things.
petuniasqs

But I got her to focus and we finally got done. Now if I can just teach them to use a crochet hook and put them together for me.
afghansquares

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

WOOT! It is going to look so good when it's done.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Holy crap that's alot of crap - I mean crochet!!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the afghan on the show "Roseanne".

7:19 PM  
Blogger C+SK said...

Ohhh me lovey the animals!!
WEASELS!!!!!!!!!!!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona