Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Prudence was here

Prudence Mapstone

I was at Wooly Wonders for a knit night, 1 of 2 (and I think possibly soon to be 3) LYSs in Vegas. While sitting among the lively crowd, I notice a woman named Prudence wearing a free form vest sitting across from me. Put these two facts together and sure enough Prudence Mapstone! She is visiting Vegas on her way to TNNA. I was so excited to have the queen of free form knitting and crocheting in front of me. I thought about playing it cool, but I decided to fawn and pepper her with questions. She patiently answered them all. I loved spending time with one of the knitting luminaries in such a relaxed atmosphere. She let us preview a book by one of her former students books, Myra Wood who combines free form knitting and lace. Myra Wood bridges the gap for some that see the scrumbles as too frenetic by adding the elegance of lace. Prudence also brought some finished garments, that are amazing. Check out here site if you havent done so already. At the end of the night, Prudence gave me a signed copy of her latest book, Coat of Many Scrumbles, a collection of scrumbles from scrumblists throughout the world. I love looking at it for ideas. Scrumbling is the ultimate portable knitting/crocheting project. Just a little baggy of smatterings of yarns and a hook and needles. No thought or pattern or anything required!

I have 2 spots left for squares... so if you haven't picked some colors for me do so now. If you have, go ahead do it again! 2 squares!! I will love and admire and be grateful to you forever!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Dude - you met a famous person!

:)

You should have asked HER what colors to make for a square! It would have taken your project to the next level. Bummer you missed your chance for greatness ;)

6:26 PM  
Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

SO JEALOUS!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

YEAH! ALL THE SQUARES HAVE BEEN PICKED OUT! You must be SO RELIEVED to be DONE. Finito. Fini. Owari. FINISHED. Wahoo! Commence celebrating now. Now you just have to put everything together and put a border on it...

3:37 PM  
Blogger Jinann said...

Wow! That's so cool! Did you follow her to TNNA????

9:23 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

I really must come across as stockerish. TNNA is just for vendors.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona