Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer in Vegas.. so far

Up until last weekend we were enjoying record low temperatures. Yes that's right, we had not reached 100 degrees. Scratch that now. I must be acclimatizing because the heat felt good when I moved from one A/C place to another.

I haven't done anything too exciting so far, but here are some of the things I have been up to:

Boxing match in Primm
Boxing match- Primm NV

Boxing match- Primm NV

I have to admit, I enjoyed myself. I didn't know that the ring girls are actually competing too for most applause. Boxing matches are great places to knit, btw.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid book signing:
Harry Reid book signing
Nevadans know exactly who ol' Harry is, but the rest of you, he is very popular Nevada. Barbara Walters and Amistead Maupin are also coming to town soon. I am more interested in the latter than the former.

OK enough of me. I know why you read this blog. Animal updates.

Sprinkles is adapting quite nicely, unless of course you ask the ferrets. They aren't so fond of her. We had a brief period where Babette chased her, but now she is back to terrorizing them. Again, if the ferrets and Sprinkles filled out their profiles on match dot com or eharmony, they would be put together. SO MUCH IN COMMON! Whatever. Let them be jerks and miss out on a potentially beautiful relationship.
SprinksBabsPurse2

However, the bigger animals seem to be adjusting better.
Sprinkles and Fred

Oops posted wrong picture.. how about this one?
playing
Wait that looks a little too much like corner the kitten... I got a more harmonious one somewhere...

happy on the couch
As WHN would say, TV brings everyone together. Since they are asleep, must be the European Soccer Championship is on. Even typing it out made me YAWN. Though, I did form an attachment to a Romania player, Nicolita.

And if you little crocheters out there are curious and notice the afghan, it's one that has been around since I was a child, made by Grandmother. Though now as a knitter/crocheter myself, I notice so many things about it... little mistakes here and there, which I have to admit, are fun to find.... though no one better do that to my creations! Got that?!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

How fun! Uh, yeah...I see the love between Sprinkles and the animals...

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always afraid other people will find my mistakes, especially when I give something as a gift!

I was in Vegas in December, we thought about moving there (I love heat) until someone mentioned to my husband that the summers are usually above 100.... now Vegas is crossed off the list :-( big mouths.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Boxing and knitting - who knew!! I'll be going to a stitch and pitch on Friday - so that's kind of the same :)

All three pets together in harmony - how sweet!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona