Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Stashbusting and ferrets

babette

The ferrets are pissed since that they haven't made an appearance in the blog lately. They've been jerkier than their normal jerk selves, but there's no living with them until they are featured yet again doing what they do best- irritate me.

I want to stash bust. I plan a blanket, 2 shawls and a bag that hopefully will lessen my load. I read on Ravelry some chick saying that her stash consisted of 3 skeins of yarn. And she will not buy yarn until she uses those three skeins. I know what you are thinking, WHORE. Me too! However, I thought, what I great thing to aspire to. I figure if I get to 3 give/take 100 skeins, I'm golden.

I started to pull yarn for one of these projects and I got some unasked for help.
ferrets in stash

I get bogged down in the details of picking yarn, so as of yet, I haven't made the final decisions. I wanted to do a shawl in all reds and then one that has a bunch of colors, but without looking like a 4 year old picked out them out.

WHN has never complained about my stash. I think he is finally cashing in this ticket because he is getting his own stash. He recently went out into the desert and brought back some rocks that he is convinced has gemstones in them as soon as he figures out how to crack them open, I might get jewelry (not holding my breath.) He also brought back dirty rocks that show life a zillion years back. Fossils great in museum, books, everywhere but where I can stub my toe on them.
fossil
Fern. I'm not sure when this desert last had ferns.


dinoprint
Thankfully, he hasn't figured out how to bring this bad boy back, but he and his buddy are convinced that this is a dinosaur footprint. I so don't want more big ugly rocks in the house. I'm sure the ferrets are working out levers to move the rocks so they can create a ferret civilization somewhere for me to trip over. They will then tie me up and sacrifice me as part of their fledgling religion.

AND finally...Thank you Claudia for the compliment! Since I am the last person in the blogger world to get the YOU MAKE MY DAY award, there is no one left for me to distinguish. I am always the last on these things. But suffice it to say, Claudia is now my favorite blog reader. The rest of you need to work harder.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jinann said...

Your ferrets are sooooo darn cute! Love the photo with the boot.

I have to agree about the rocks...yarn is definitely a much more pleasing stash!

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That second rock photo looks like it was formed by dripping water underground some long ago time. Doubt it's a footprint! My man stashes tech stuff, I still like yarn better too. =)

5:15 AM  
Blogger DMCA said...

I'm going to go with the last comment and say that looks less like a dino foot and more like water erosion. Don't want to burst hubby's bubble...but, sorry. :)

Speaking of stash, I have a garbage bag full of yarn for you! I was hoping to get rid of it...er, gift you with it! last night at knit night but you did not show up. Perhaps Saturday for Bingo?

9:39 AM  
Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, fledgling ferret religions involving Polly sacrifice.... You make my day every day. Is there an award for that?

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona