Sunday, February 17, 2008

Does this fur make her look fat?

So maybe her harness is tighter and we are down to the last hole. And yes, she is winded when she runs up the stairs. And we have been getting a lot of YOUR DOG IS FAT when we've taken her out (so when did saying that become acceptable, by the way) but we weren't prepared for the number on the scale at the vets. Toonsters weighs 49 lbs and she needs to weigh closer to 42 (OK so really 40 but I am trying to make her not seem so gargantuan).

Her big problem is-- I don't want to name names--but someone in the household other than myself, the ferrets, or the cat is giving her people food such as blueberry muffins.
cheater

While her turn on's include people food, her turn-off's include going for walks, grass, other dogs. We live right across the street from a dog park, but unfortunately, unless they install carpeting, a couch and get rid of the dogs, she is not interested.

phatesgrass
If you are wondering, no she won't walk onto the grass to get that ball. She will stand and stare, then stand and bark, then maybe walk the perimeter, but she will not pick up a ball on the grass. And yes, it is embarrassing when she does this.

In fairness to her, who does like to play in their toilet. And it's not that she doesn't like other dogs, she is just ambivalent to them, or more like she doesn't see herself as one of them, OK so my dog is a snob. I didn't raise her to be one, but c'est l'vie, she's from Venus, they're from Mars.

She isn't completely an inactive bon-bon eating couch potato, her favorite past time is her tennis ball, which we are trying to get her more back into fetching versus throwing the ball in the air and letting her catch it without actually having to move.
pball

Though only the 3rd day, she seems to be adjusting well to her new diet.
P dieting

And WHN assures me he will do his part by walking her more.
petuniastrip

Wish her luck and when she is down to her svelt 40 lbs, I will post a picture for you to ooo and ahh over (even if you don't notice a difference, still ooo and ahh.. it will make her feel better.)














As for the cat whose presence is keeping me from new furniture, that fat toothless moany jerk can eat until he explodes.
Fredtongue

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Hey! I love Fred!! Don't be mean to my buddy!

I'm glad to hear Petunia is feeling better too!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

I love the shot of her reaching for the Coke Zero. Maybe she could take a pole dancing class? I hear they are all the rage and a very good workout. Then she could be even more of a diva.

4:20 PM  
Blogger maniacalmultitasker said...

who you calling fat when she's so beautifully trim!

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the mom of a previously 47 pound beagle (appropriate weight for beag of her size, 35 pounds), she can do it! Molly is down to 35 pounds!!! I have banned the DH from feeding them. He was feeding them TWO CUPS OF FOOD A DAY!!!

It is never okay to tell someone their dog is fat.

7:44 PM  
Blogger maurine said...

what a beautiful girl! she seems like a perfect bully size to me.

11:30 PM  
Blogger C+SK said...

Get her on the treadmill! :-)

(there's a little something for you in my blog! ;-)

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've no access to my email account at the moment - that's why there's no message from me.

Sibille

9:05 AM  
Blogger Jinann said...

Aw....she's soooo cute! The thought of her just standing there staring at the ball in the grass really made me laugh for some reason....what a hoot!

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona