Sunday, May 11, 2008

Adjusting.

So far the animal utopia I envisioned has been slow coming. We did accomplish a name for the kitten: Sprinkles. I love that it is a wonderfully ridiculous name for a cat. Office fans might notice that Sprinkles is the name of Angela's cat who met a sad demise when Dwight, deciding not to give her anal rash cream, put kitty in the freezer. I normally wouldn't name a creature after pop culture references, however, SHHH secret part-- WHN is not an Office fan. In fact, I think he wants to not like it because everyone does (sad attempt at him being a cool outsider, whatever) Once Sprinkles sticks as a name, I will let him know where the name comes from. So yes, Sprinkles is getting her name as a cruel joke to WHN. In fairness, I know he saw this episode, though probably doesn't remember the cat's name. But come on, as he said when I suggested the name, "That's a good name because Sprinkles are always good!" Well we shall see, WHN, we'll shall see.

I don't know if Sprinkles knows what the ferrets are, but she's not liking them. She swats, and they freeze (ferrets must suck in the wild) But they are really really trying with her. I think we are making progress.
detente

Unfortunately, more meetings are like this.
Sprinkles & Babette

Babette, has this weird wanting to be submissive thing about her. We know Tif is the alpha ferret, but we didn't realize how easy it is to be the alpha with ol' Babs. Babette is more interested in Sprinkles than Tif is. She follows Sprinkles around just to get smacked. My sweet simple Babette is getting something out of it though-- look how she poofs up. Ferrets poof when they are excited-- good, bad, whatever.
babspuffy
Look at that tail!

We must be very vigilant because this submission thing, her name, and being in Vegas, she might end up on the pole if we aren't careful.

The bigger animals are taking Sprinkle's existence and the extra attention she requires in stride.
DSCN0220

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger DMCA said...

I want to come live at your house. I love all your animals. And I think Sprinkles is a great name for a cat. (I don't like the Office either, by the way.)

10:38 PM  
Blogger Rachael Hutchings said...

Toonsters sticking out her tongue sums it all up nicely.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

I feel bad for poor P! No more queen of the castle!

6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sprinkles just looks confused at what a furry kneesock is doing following her around :P

1:34 PM  
Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

Cute Cute Cute!!

As tedious as it often is, I do get a kick out of watching animals react to newcomers. However we've done it twice in the last year, so I'll enjoy your blogging about it from afar!! ;)

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your pets are absolutely gorgeous. Your kitten is very cute :D

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona