Thursday, August 31, 2006

New levels of bad

Since Mylerna Thoughts have led to thinking of ferrets, I dedicate this post to her.

So The Crafty Weasel is always good for a cute picture of a ferret sleeping innocently. You will not find that here. OH NO. My ferrets are let's say rambunctious and when they do sleep, which isn't as often as Ferrets for Dummies has led me to believe the should, they dont sleep in the open, where it would be convenient for me, they sleep under big heavy things like couches. But I've accepted the yarn stealing of Tiffany and I'll admit, it took time to learn to keep pens in my car because Babette knows how to open up my book bag, identify the pen container, steal it, open it and remove all the pens (and hide ofcourse.) I can't open things in front of them without their thorough investigation. I've grown used to Babette stealing the tub stopper... I've adjusted to it all. But now, they have upped their game.

Tiffany, the smart one, has learned to get into the kitchen cabinets through gaps between cabinet and floor long ago. She even has even turned a cabinet into her a secondary stash location as seen in a previous post. But now, she has developed a new trick, to enter the drawers through the back, lie on her back and push open the silverware and others just below counter level drawers. This action opens up the world of kitchen counters to her. I know. I know what a smart little creature. That's exactly what we say everytime we catch her, or have to open a drawer by first removing the packing tape used to keep it shut now.




But Babette, the dumb one, not to be outdone, has learned from Tiffany and can now do that too.


However, what Babette lacks in brain power, she makes up for agility. This girl can climb. Her new trick, (usually after she knocks over WHN's Coke to drink for a sugar/caffeine buzz) is to climb up the clothes in the closet. Cute huh.


So here's to the happy sleeping weasels over at The Crafty Weasel. I am sure they are little dears. And if the Crafty Weasel happens to get a box with a few holes in it...

9 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

LOL LOL LOL LOL! Oh I am so sorry but that is hysterical! I'm going to email you a photo of ToeBoy climbing on to the counter as through the drying rack so that you see that it's not all quiet on the Eastern Front!

7:36 PM  
Blogger Jinann said...

LOL!!!! Now you know why I stick with dogs! Thanks for sharing your ferret adventures....they always brighten my day.

3:32 AM  
Blogger Mylerna said...

They are so cute - like children who can't talk and can get into MORE stuff LOL

5:53 AM  
Blogger Old Knitter said...

They are too cute!!! Wish I could have a couple . . . but neither the state of California or my two cats would allow it . . . okay the cats would probably love chasing them around . . . hope they don't snag the clothes as they make their way up to the top of the closet!!!!!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Mylerna said...

You can't have them in CA??

Oh btw I forgot to mention in my first comment - I got a blog post dedicated to me how cool :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger C+SK said...

California and NYC (not state) have ruled ferrets as dangerous and ferocious animals - not kidding.

By the way, I have to say that the photo in the drawer with the little paws in the air, and the photo in the closet of her climbing the hangers are wayyy tooo cute.

I just want to squeeze them and love them and squeeze them some more!

:-D

12:44 PM  
Blogger Mylerna said...

Do they bite or something?? Man I need to research these critters... I don't think we could have here as my hubby couldn't handle their curosity but dang they are so cute.

Our cats are very curious as well but they don't take my stuff :) They do however love to grab straws in a glass and run off with them. Sox has gotten really good at getting it out of the glass without spilling anything. I know I should get on to them but their too dang cute.

7:42 PM  
Blogger AnneKaelber said...

Oh, so funny! Several of my were doing the drawer routine too, so we installed Tot Locks (magnetic). Now, Indigo has learned to brace her back against the fridge and climb the wall! Clever-er and clever-er!

They do teach each other, don't they! I have seven sharing their skills with each other. *grin*

4:38 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

Too funny! I love the pics of your ferret pals!

Did I tell you that are the best today? You are, you are, you are!!

You know why!!!

:)

Jody

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona