Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Courtesy of the Crafty Weasel

She says that she is helping out my current theme and also showing that her angels have their moments too. But frankly, I think she is trying to keep her rep up over there. But thank you Crafty Weasel, ferrets behaving badly (or naturally) are always welcomed here!

The good news is ferrets don't go outside so at least they aren't tracking dirt. Eventually I think her ferrets will figure out that they can use the line to slingshot each other to higher places.) It's just a matter of time.

Here is Toeboy going for his caffeine fix. If it was just regular coffee, I think he would have skipped it, but the opportunity to make extra strong coffee, a ferret wouldnt turn that down.



When I lived in California I really wanted a ferret. The anti-ferret people say that if pet ferrets were turned loose, they'd destroy the native habitat. Naturally ferrets are carnivores. My ferrets, as smart as they are, I am not sure if they got out that they would make the connection between hunting and food before they would wander up to a strange cat and get killed. I know the largest breeder of ferrets spay/nueter them before the ferrets leave to go to pet stores. (This is actually another issue- fixing ferrets too early can lead to later serious health problems.) They are naturally friendly, but they don't need attention or approval from humans like say a cat or dog. They seek me out to play, but not for any kind of petting or cuddling. I am sure there are snappy ferrets and cuddly ones, but I think your average ferret is friendly but a troublemaker.

3 Comments:

Blogger C+SK said...

LOL LOL LOL!! That's My Boy!!!!

I have read somewhere that ferrets are so domesticated that they would not survive more than a couple of days in the wild. Their ability to do so is inferior to cats and dogs. I find that to be true - my ferrets look for trouble but not food!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

The one time that Tiffany got out she went across the street to my neighbors who were having a party. Ferrets.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my ferret, Felix! We got him when we lived in Utah and then had to move back to California so he of course came back too. I take in alot of rescues and have about 20 pets and he is one of my favorites. He makes me laugh every morning while I am drinking my coffee and watching him play with the kitten or other cats!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


accommodation in Barcelona